Intro Outdoor Rock Climbing
Intro to Rock Climbing Joshua Tree
Experience rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park. Our Intro to rock climbing is great for everybody with little or no experience! Master the basics of top rope climbing and become familiar with up to date equipment. Our intro session is a great opportunity for those who have been indoor rock climbing and want to experience what it is like outdoors. We are committed to enrich your knowledge about rock climbing with many hands on activities and first hand stories from our own longtime personal climbing experiences.
Every Saturday @ 8:00am - 2:00pm (6h)
See and choose next available dates in scroll down menu below.
Dates + Time:
- 6 hours of professional instruction through certified guides
- all safety equipment: harness, helmet, rock shoes, belay device, ropes
- what is top rope climbing and how is it distinguished from other types of climbing? who is the belayer and what responsibilities do belayers have?
- what are the standard climbing commands between climber and belayer what are the specific characteristics of a modern climbing harness?
- how do I get lowered off the climb?
- what is a partner check?
- what are basic climbing techniques and how do I apply those?
- what are the special characteristics of rock climbing shoes?
- why is it important to wear a helmet?
- how do I tie myself to the rope?
- what is an ATC belay device and how do I use it?
November 2021: 11/06, 8am-2pm | 11/13, 8am-2pm | 11/20, 8am-2pm | 11/27, 8am-2pm
December 2021: 12/04, 8am-2pm | 12/11, 8am-2pm | 12/18, 8am-2pm
January 2022: 01/08, 8am-2pm | 01/15, 8am-2pm | 01/22, 8am-2pm | 01/29, 8am-2pm
February 2022: 02/05, 8am-2pm | 02/12, 8am-2pm | 02/19, 8am-2pm | 02/26, 8am-2pm
March 2022: 03/05, 8am-2pm | 03/12, 8am-2pm | 03/19, 8am-2pm | 03/26, 8am-2pm
April 2022: 04/02, 8am-2pm | 04/09, 8am-2pm | 04/16, 8am-2pm | 04/23, 8am-2pm | 04/30, 8am-2pm
May 2022: 05/7, 8am-2pm | 05/14, 8am-2pm